Pages

29 January 2012

I get pissed about the kind of girls who I got to play with when I was a kid.
They seriously lacked imagination for one!! Always playing house - Mother father kitchen kid. nothing new. All my ideas about playing dinosaurs and dragons or dolphin and whale befriending the fisherwoman were dismissed without thought!! I would rather play alone!!!They were SOOOOOOO boring!!!!
hmmmm... I was thinking along these lines yesterday afternoon and a very sad realisation stuck me...
My mom and dad sat with me and told me stories, thousand of stories! My mom especially cooked up most imaginative and interesting stories ever.I had loads and loads of Russian books, story books, science books, my uncle and grandma told me stories of mythology, history.. but... These kids... their mothers probably didnt even read, their fathers didnt tell them any stories! They din have any childrens books,There was no TV those days!! :-(  This is especially true about the kids near my malleshwaram home. how cud they imagine? how cud they dream of Dragons and Dinos? :( ( but ... my parents had same kinda childhood! how did they turn out imaginative?!)
Its easy to look down on people and think of ourselves as special, but may be its just that we are just very very lucky!  

No comments:

Post a Comment