Pages

12 June 2019

Tell me a story

Audio books
I remember that day long ago 2011, when I was going in the tube and wanted to hear stories. I remembered by parents telling me stories in my childhood and wanted it again. I searched for stories and realised I can listen to audio books, Then came the London library and my first book Zahir by Paulo Coehlo!
How I loved it, Its been a long journey and 100s of audio books ( :-P May be 30 atleast? ) How I loved listening to Poisonwood bible in Kew Gardens. I walked the whole day listening to the book. 5-6 hours!  Slummy mummy - which made me laugh the most in the tube.
How I love them, Now I drive with audible .  There are lot of fillers for sure, Agatha Raisin and Alexander McCall Smith. Though I really like Alexander McCall Smith.  but then there are wonders. The Gene, That was enlightening and The Secret Garden,  I think I listen more than I read now...because its 2 hours a day dedicated to listening :-)
My love of listening to stories had definitely been satisfied :)


No comments:

Post a Comment