Pages

16 June 2023

Thank you instead of sorry.

Oh I did so many interesting things I wonder why I didnt blog!!  Anyway, this is about one interesting thing I did today.  not very radical or different or anything like that.

Someone offered help and I accepted it :-) Is it such a big deal? 
When people offer small acts of kindness to me, I usually feel like I m being a burden or I feel like they were obligated, or what ever we have been taught not to be a trouble to anyone. So I say no.
I was short of 20p someone in the queue offered, I said no. When I was coughing someone gave me water , I said no. Today I was at sandwich shop, they ran out of Brown bread, The kind lady before me offered her brown bread to me - I said yes! Thank you so much. It felt good. Believe me it felt much better than refusing all those helps I have refused before. 
It was nice that someone did a kind thing for me, It felt very good and very nice. I felt very emotional about it. I felt genuinely connected at that moment. 
Who knew?!

Someone once sent me a forward - Dont say Sorry, Say Thank you. If you made someone wait , instead of saying sorry I m late, Say Thank you for waiting for me. Simple thing like that turns a negative into positive. It changes how you feel as well - It replaces guilt with gratitude. so much more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment