Pages

15 July 2012

Only yesterday

Studio Ghilbli does it again! sensitive and sweet!  Isao Takahata - I found him when I ran out of Miyazaki :) what good timing :-) Its not one of the popular ones.. I didnt find it in the first search - Now I dont remember where I got this from... It is soooo sweet ...quite sweet day to day with no action and nothing much happens but I still liked it so much! how come all these lil Ghilbi girls always remind me of me.. I always see myself in them, thats why I love them so much I guess...some of them are what I want to be( prinicess mononoke and sprited away) and some of them are me( whisper heart/this one)..
the lil 10 year old is the sweetest...the kids world and its lil disappointments and joys! awww sweet...
The nostalgia.. its a sweet/dull pain in my heart.. I m nostalgic for my 10 year old self and for the 60's :)
Dont dare watch Grave of fireflies.. It seems too sad...
Edit:
Although the Walt Disney Company paid for the US distribution rights as part of its deal with Studio Ghibli, executives later decided that it could not release "Only Yesterday" in the US - Disney's stated reason was because the film contained references to menstruation (a clause in Ghibli's distribution contract prohibited Disney from altering the scene to remove the references).  


Duh!! WT...such prudes! :-} ( look who is talking tho ;-) )

Even after a day still feeling the warm glow.. nice.. I love love love studio Ghibli movies!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment