Pages

8 March 2013

I dont use algebra in my daily life!!

What is the use of education people ask, as if I will use algebra in daily life  how many times have I heard that..( especially today in BBC, I have calculator! huh!)
We can only guess at what all ways education( even in its not so perfect form which we went thru) affects us .. mostly good ways.. the ways, we most often forget to appreciate...
I m fluent with Kannada I speak Kannada all the time, but I cant understand Bendre's songs!!! Me and many of my fellow Kannadigas are not capable of understanding literature, This is the gap because of not having Kannada as first language/second language in high school.  Logically speaking, u would think studying Hale Kannada is an absolute waste of time! Why would I ever learn that???!!
My friends who have studied in Kannada are able to read poetry, appreciate bhava-geete and read novels...I feel having Kannada as first language has enriched their lives in this subtle way, do they or the world realise this? we explain it off as interest, its not just interest, it is Education! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment