Pages

27 June 2017

fermentation

Fermentation really interests me, I mean it makes stuff taste awesome. No no I didnt just down alcohol :P I just ate sour dough bread! Yummy!
After easily making idly but struggling to make Yogurt, I am wondering what would happen if I add yeast to milk :-D Well I vaguely knew that yogurt fermentation is bacterial and not yeast.. but then I also had a thought that fermentation is fermentation.  so .. this link. It provides all possible answers to all possible types of fermentation.

http://phickle.com/all-fermentation-is-not-lactofermentation/

basically, Bread Idli etc are yeast fermentation, so u can use the bread  yeast to ferment Idli, but Yogurt is bacterial, lacto bascillus ( Oh comeon! I knew this, Science blindness infected me for a short while ) All the sour veggies like Kimchi are bacterial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment