Pages

11 July 2009

tintin

what I want to write about has changed. I No longer have these burning ideas which I want to put down some place. I am inclined to write more like a diary of sorts, I am upset today, I am happy today kind of posts. So here I go... I have stopped reading interesting books these days, I am hooked on to tin tin tho since a few weeks. I love it. The Tintin companion book its just amazing so is Herge. I felt sad tho, that Tintin brought on his nervous breakdown. Tintin is such wonderful peace of work, I like to think, Herge loved to work on Tintin and that he enjoyed everybit of it.The fact is writing Tintin was very hard work. It put a lot of pressure on Herge.He had to comeout with something regularly. Sometimes he even broke into rashes due to all the stress :(. And twice in his life, he abandoned tintin to go off into country side and take a break. Tintin really exhausted him. Now I understand why Bill Waterson stopped writing Calvin and Hobbes. So its not just IT folks, even when the work is creative, even tho you do really love ur work - like Herge It can still get to you.

1 comment:

  1. I can completely empathize with Herge (all that blogging really took a toll on me). I know, I know you think I am being grandiose, on the contrary try to come up with garbage, in the name of humour, for 2 years straight and you will know what I mean

    ReplyDelete