Pages

14 December 2016

Ego

I wrote a post about angry yogis and calm buddhists, saying angry yogis have an ego. Question araises, is ego only bad or negative?  No, right?
 Ego is the conditioning of the brain, all the patterns, all the software. Software can be angry or calm, just because some one is calm doesnot mean ego is not working. The goal of sprituality is not to make our ego "good" but to transcend it.
What is good? And bad ? Isnt it the judgement of my ego? Calm is good. angry is bad. only ego makes such distinctions, egoless person would see what is- anger is there, calmness is there, thats it. Its hard for me to comprehend that. How would I choose a path if I didnt make that judgement? It is asking. May be once u are beyond judgement, you have already reached the destination. No need of path :)

I saw someone being needlessly mean to someone else, this made me very angry. I would never do such a thing!! Ego is taking pride in its goodness and others badness. So ego is present, just that my conditioning is different from the other persons. Tricky. This brought up the question, Is calm person egoless? may not be but egoless person is definitely calm. no?
Anyway, This somehow made me sad rather than angry, human nature ... :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment