Pages

27 May 2022

The one time when I shaved my head

When I was writing my 12th std exams, It seemed like the most important thing in this world is getting a computer science engineering seat.  Maths exam - realised I had read a question wrong - 12 marks questions! Panic! I pledged that I would shave my head as dedication to god if I managed to get a seat in Engineering. 

Things were not so bad after all Physics and Chemistry made up for it and I landed a seat. Now it is promise full fill time! Shaving your head is apparently a big deal in India, Actually everywhere. People are shocked by it! I have a post about that. Anyway it was promise full fill time and every one was 

I did it. I had to keep my word, Did I believe something bad will happen to me if I didn't do it ? No. But I had said I will do it and I had to do it.

I m so proud of the 16 year old me for this! She was so brave and so sincere! It shows strength of character.  There were 1001 religious loop holes, may money, walk up the mountain instead , just cut a strand etc.  She could have taken any of them, but didn't . stood true to word.

I was reminded of this when I talked to school friend recently, She said it was so brave of you to do it! and I have never seen it that way! Yes indeed it was! I decided to be proud of that me :-) 

Ps Extra insight : This is why I find people who dont keep their word so infuriating . People are so casual about it - "Hey I m not feeling like it, I cant make it today." "Oh I told you I would do it .. but he he Sorry I cant!"  "Oh I didnt mean it... "  For them saying words are casual - When I get angry , they dont understand - They ask me, Did I take an oath?  Geeta pe haath rakh ke kasam khaya tha kya :-) OR they say So?! Sue me. They feel - Why is she acting like it is such a big deal? 
Me - I fancy myself to be mini Bhisma Pitamaha or something! LOL! No Not really! but clearly it matters.

This is the thing with values, we don't just impose it on ourselves we impose it , without their permission, without their knowledge, on others :-)  ( someone said this about being nice on reddit I am copying) 

No comments:

Post a Comment