Pages

26 May 2022

Mindset yet again.

I wrote this sometime ago, Now I can see that I m applying growth mindset to different areas of my life successfully. I see experiments and efforts for what they are and not as failures. Its a bit hard to not feel scared of not knowing something at work. but I m less ashamed to ask and find out.  I see it especially in water colour painting. I m practicing without any fear or failure. I m enjoying just colouring rectangles to practice flat wash or graded wash. I didnt fold up the books when my first 10 flat washes were horribly streaky :-)                         
Mushroom growing - it took me a while to overcome the fixed mindset. I let it sleep for 6 months thinking this is too hard, but now I m keen to try and willing to fail. 
                                                               == * == * ==

Reading this book Mindset . This will be life changing. I have heard about this and read about this before but I am in the right frame of mind to accept this now?
I was on this same track already when I wrote this 

http://mystic-babe.blogspot.com/2019/10/effort-goals.html
fixed mindset problems
value talent over effort
1) I got marks without studying - hence I am very smart
the people to studied and worked hard are not as smart as me.
2) I am ashamed of not knowing things , looking up how to do, or not being good at something untill I learn it. I have to be through with my learning as well, 
3) I am not interested in looking smart but I am interested in not looking dumb, being fooled is my biggest( :P ) fear, being used manipulated - Is this fixed mindset? may be not - but why do I chose to be afraid of this even when I am 40+  Why cant I learn to deal with this?

Individuals with a fixed mindset seek to validate themselves.
Individuals with a growth mindset focus on developing themselves.
And you secretly feel threatened and envious of the success of others.

Here’s list of questions to help you adopt an orientation toward growth (collected from various sections throughout the Mindset book):
  • What can I learn from this?
  • What steps can I take to help me succeed?
  • Do I know the outcome or goal I’m after?
  • What information can I gather? And from where?
  • Where can I get constructive feedback?
  • If I had a plan to be successful at [blank], what might it look like?
  • When will I follow through on my plan?
  • Where will I follow through on my plan?
  • How will I follow through on my plan?
  • What did I learn today?
  • What mistake did I make that taught me something?
  • Is my current learning strategy working? If not, how can I change it?
  • What did I try hard at today?
  • What habits must I develop to continue the gains I’ve achieved?


 Consistent Practice/Diligent Effort + Right Method = Growth
As Maslow articulated, when the delight of growth is greater than the anxiety of safety, we choose growth.

another Mantra from Mindset book ( This way it will get to #1 spot on my fav book list )
Its Hard! Its Fun!


https://www.businessinsider.com/satya-nadella-microsoft-mindset-book-2019-1?r=US&IR=T

What are my beliefs??? Are they fixed or growth ?
In some/ many areas I have growth mindset - In intelligence - atleast mine ;-) , I believe I can grow, Spiritual ability , Creativity, Drawing Painting - everybody's :D  I believe everyone can grown. Sports and Physical - Mixed, I believe there is some innate talent, but everyone can be much much better than what they are. This has changed since my childhood when I firmly believed I was un coordinated and that I couldn't dance. Some how after age 30 I started dancing well! he he frankly I don't know If I dance well at all actually I enjoy dancing, my co ordination also has improved, I would call myself sporty, I am very good at new sports even paddle boarding, ppl even asked me if I had done it before. So I am a proof so to speak. Drawing - I was reasonably good from before but  I have seen some people improve like crazy. Also there is the bizarre case of my friend who is like absolultey amazing at drawing but has a 5 year olds handwriting!
So inspite of this, I have fixed mindset in lot of areas of life - personality - coping ability, bravery, control on anger and moods, being good natured, social skills, Music ( How can this be! really!!  if Drawing can be picked up by anyone by training in the right way, why can't they pick up music? ! I am smart but see How blind I can be? ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment