Pages

15 May 2009

tabooo

If I thought The reader was controversial! How naive I was! Just watched Old boy! NOW that is something!!! Incest: the word brings a shudder to most of us. Vilest and most disgusting thing in the world... think about the worst of the swear words?( speaking of which I have lot of @#$@#$@#%^ to do about swear words themselves. most chauvinistic and narrow minded crap! anyway... that in the next post may be) Or is it? isnt it a cultural taboo after all... I know there are very valid reasons for it being considered so vile. then Sati and purdha also had valid reasons in its time... Once u get the maturity to see and understand the reasons behind a taboo... Its time to let it go? When the society reaches some maturity its time to let go of old rules. I don not condone but I can accept....????Atleast in fiction, I can...
I used to be really disgusted by the practice of girls marrying Mama's in south india. In fact I still am. But if cousins fall in love..? for me thats perfectly allright. What about adopted children??? children getting related to each other cause of their parents getting married..??
I was disgusted that Jeffry archer( I think )killed off his lead pair by suicide cause they were half bro/sis unknown to each other. Its exactly like kannada movies killing of the heros sister after rape. which i hate! Do these situations warrant such tragedy? I am for maintaining the taboo yes it is required but giving consideration for some cases..? If not the society, can the individuals try and attempt to look beyond the conditioning of the mind and society and see things for what they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment