Pages

24 March 2012

mirror

Nostalgia actually
I bought this essential oil - lavender for aroma therapy.. funnily it does not smell nice at all..It smells just like my dad's old shaving cream :)  Good old days ... I used to be so intrigued by shaving!! The small round shaving cream box, shaving brush.. and the razor which opened up magically when we turned its handle :) the foldable razor was heights of technology I just loved that!( our parents let us handle blades and razors even when we were like 7!?! cool!) haha! I also loved to see my dad make faces when he shaved :D
That makes me think, actually shaving was sucha  ritual in those good old days.. he used to actually sit in the living room with a small mirror and a mug of water to shave!! ah! we didnt have a wash basin in those days!!! there was no mirror in bathroom!! actually if I think about it there were so few mirrors in those days! There was only one mirror in the house.. small face mirror and that shaving mirror! there was so full length mirror at all!!! same with my grandparents house.. no full length mirror at all!!!  people never knew or cared how they looked,except their face!
I remember my uncles often quoted joke about this girl he saw( for marriage )
He was like she looks just like Hema malini, He looks just like Hema mailini... neck down that is! :D :D meaning she is NOT good.
Today if some said that girl looks just like Scarlet Johansen...Neck down that is! we would  go WOoooooooooooooooo (howl  :P :P)  even better than  Scarlet Johanson neck up eh? ;-)
Full length mirrors are the reason for this? full length mirrors have changed our focus from face to body ?  I think :)
even then people saw others full length, but they cared only about face because they couldnt see themselves full length? :D funny :)


No comments:

Post a Comment