Pages

19 March 2012

narratives

Noticed how we make up stories to tell others and very soon believe it ourselves to be true :)

When something happens - I usually make up a narrative to tell others in my head ...sometimes this narrative drifts slightly from truth ;-)  Based on emotional state sometimes more artistic liberties are taken :) especially in anger, the villain is painted blacker than reality. That would be kinda ok, but I also noticed that the blacker version adds to my anger as if the imaginary version of the story did actually happen.  I may not tell that blacker narrative to anyone at all.. I actually mostly tell the correct version to other people ( yeah I m ethical that way :P) but the blacker version has poisoned my psyche more than required. Should cut this out in future.

ps: how much of our memory is actually true/real? god! are we all screwing our future selves by corrupting our memory like memento guy? ( I know what u are thinking, that I m crazy and that u dont do it! Hah! bigger HAH! just watch urself and see! :P, we are all just as evil :P)

BTW awesomest psychological thriller ever http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memento_(film)


No comments:

Post a Comment