Pages

11 March 2014

Momo

How come I have not written anything about Momo yet!
It was like reading a book at the most appropriate time for it. Its a children's book, but so profound, so beautiful, so poetic and magical! so lovely, so sensitive! God! It warmed my heart! and melted it! not to mention I cried. ( yes anything in my favourite list these days = I cried! I dono what it says about me)
Studio Ghilbli! yes! Its the same sensitivity about this world. Ende is just loveable. Oh its so sad that his books are all in German. not reprinted in English and now being sold for 100s of $$..
I connected so much with this book, this book put into words exactly what I was feeling but not able to express about life/world today. His ideas about toys, his ideas about children playing, his ideas about time saving bank and how everyone is saving time! and then goes crazy. Oh god! he stole words right out of my head or what? Exactly what I was feeling....I really resonated with this book and with Momo. Momo and her friend Beepo road sweeper, I just loved them. I loved the city in which she was and  I loved the turtle and Dr Horus or Dr Death. I loved the lillies! I m sure he - Ende had seen and felt those beautiful hour lillies in this own heart or he couldnt have writen about them. He is a lovely soul! yeah he is ! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment