Pages

11 March 2014

engage with life?

Are we moving away from living?  Its the cost of development and efficiency. I spend 8 hours in my day trying to fix minor bugs in peoples TV software and I hardly do any of the work that directly affects me -myself. except for cooking and shopping.
Reading early 1900s book - Anne of the green gables. They lived a little more "life" than us. They made their own cakes, decorated their houses,stitched  their clothes , grew their own good, cooked their food and enjoyed it all. Or may be its just an idealistic novel setting which just drew me in. Still...
Am I recommending being a "house wife" :-D huh! Anne is not a house wife - 16 year old  school maam and then a writer. Her adoptive parents are an old maid and a bachelor.  bro sister. :-P so no "wife" in picture! Huh! :-)
Question is - Why am I  doing something and all?  Having delegated most of the work in my life, have I started feeling more disengaged with living? should I start doing more things my-self? It is very efficient for an industry to do everything for me, but still.... it makes my life less meaningful, less engaging and less interesting.  in some way? may be? no?



No comments:

Post a Comment