Pages

14 February 2016

disgust

Do animals feel disgust?
we are disgusted by body odour shit, for animals these things are extremely interesting :-) Do animals get disgusted by anything at all?
The purpose of disgust is to keep us away from and prevent us from doing some things, same as fear..
what is the between disgust and fear?
fear is usually about unknown things and it is overcome once we get to know.
fear is more overcomable by rational thought than disgust. disgust is just disgust?
in fear we avoid something for self preservation
in disgust we avoid something for revulsion
nature wouldnt want us to fear slimy things or cockroaches, is disgust always small scale than fear?
btw cockroach what I feel is disgust and not fear, but I most tell people I am afraid of cockroach.
we may fear useful things it is called respect :D like fire or elders.
It is very obvious fear and disgust are different. I am wondering why nature evolved two different emotions, couldnt disgust be replaced by fear, is it so in animals?

I googled this and found that animals do feel disgust. mammals anyway cats and dogs! not at the same things as us, like poo and body odour but some smells and stuff apparently.
What about children? I think they dont feel disgust untill upto 3-4 years.

Oh BTW even writing this is giving me goose bumps, google for fear of small holes, actually dont google it. It brings up the most disgusting things ever.Lotus seed kind of things. I never thought lotus seed was disgusting but put those on a human skin and then.. Yew! I want to get some tweezers and get those seeds out of the skin and then I want to scrub those bloody holes clean. Then there were pictures of small holes with insects and maggots in them!!! God!!! Soo disgusting!!  It was my fault. I googled and I didnt leave it alone after the first wave of disgust, I made myself see it, I wanted to try exposure therapy to get rid of the disgust I guess. but oh boy! What a mistake. I dreamt and felt holes and all those disgusting things forming all over my body and real itching all over my body for days. I just had flashbacks upon flash back about these images! Oooooo even now after months after that incident I am still feeling disgust. and such a strange fascination, I kept going back to look at them and get a new wave of disgust all over again! Yikeeess!! Disgust! Yekeeees!


No comments:

Post a Comment