Pages

8 March 2019

small fights

Inspirational Whatsapp forward :-) I liked it tho. Something to remember and follow .. may be...

I started succeeding when I started leaving small fights for small fighters.
I stopped fighting those who gossiped about me...
I stopped fighting with my in laws...
I stopped fighting for attention...
I stopped fighting to meet public expectation of me...
I stopped fighting for my rights with stupid people..
I left such fights for those who have nothing else to fight...
And I started fighting for my vision, my dreams, my ideas and my destiny. The day I gave up on small fights is the day I started becoming successful.

I know once I make this true, I will be successful too .

Resonates with me so much today... the feeling of not being understood, being alone, being judged, gossip :-) Also resonates  is this

Don't let anyone turn your unique into flaws
Yeah, you know that I love you the way that you are

from MILCKs song Black Sheep.

I didn't know until recently, I felt this way. I did feel angry sad etc... but

It runs deep, it's insatiable
That hunger to be seen and to be understood

Is this true for me? Do I seek to be understood, to be accepted too? 

Feel like its a constant fight to not let my unique to be turned into flaws by small people, people who fit into holes, people who tow the line...people accept gay / lesbian / autistic / dyslexic to an extent,  everything that has a label is easier to accept that a different that has no label. 
Am I seeking a label? I am but not finding it. every label is a compromise. again a peg for a hole whose shape is not you.... 

Why this feeling today? 
Sometimes I wonder if I should, should I just give people what they are looking for? say things they want to hear they like to hear?  It is smart/tactical/diplomatic ? 
That does not ring true to character and I cannot do it, Id rather be disliked for me than not show what I am. why?
I also judge people who are like that.
Anyway one thing is on my side and it gives me solace... the path of spirituality asserts what I am as true. No bondages, no stereotypes, no towing the line, Meera bai, Kanaka Dasa, What is gender, what is your role? :-) Other people are in their own lane and own state of development, leave them alone says Anthony DeMello.

Spirituality and worldliness have always been logger heads with each other for eternity in the society, u have to have ur foot and one boat! and Deeps and u do have, u know which one it is. 

Then Why this feeling today?
May be this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment