Pages

25 August 2019

health and safety

We are over cautious these days! The level of health and safety in current day western world almost feels like dystopia. "Mind the Gap"  "You are approaching the end of the escalator" ( Ok may be this is for blind (I am not calling them visually impaired! )  Caution written on plain plastic bag. People not planting flowers because bees will bite their baby. Children below 11 accompanied by adults at all times!

I feel like has the society lost faith in human common sense and intelligence? Or I wonder if this is a side effect of loss of belief in God?
Did belief is god allow people to live a free but ( may be slightly more risky) life?
Like They say in NLP, it does not matter if a belief is true, it just has to be beneficial to you. I kind of cant accept this I want the true truth :D but I see the merit in this. I have seen people live very stress free life, leaving the worrying to God.

When we believe in God, do we indirectly believe in our biology, genetics and evolution?  and is that what we have lost faith in , in recent times.

I was swimming in the river and my brother was tossing stones into it ;-) deadly combination, a stone hit me, right between my eyes , 1 mm and I would have been hit in the eye. I have seen a lot of near misses to the eye. Is that pure luck? or god?  I believe its our instincts. I must have seen the stone and jerked the head just a lil bit to miss the eye. Not soon enough to avoid the stone completely but just enough to avoid the eye?

Driving in Bangalore makes me feel the same, People turn into streets without looking, no one is using rear view mirrors. Still the number of accidents is low, the number of near misses is many times over the accidents. I joked that I started believing in god after driving here. Its not co-incidence is it ? Its again our instincts which are saving us?
Babies falling from high places and surviving, We do not appreciate our minds and bodies enough, its 3 billion years old technology with constant improvement! Its miraculous . We are insulting this by lame health and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment