Pages

17 November 2019

Those were the days

Heady days of Free Moocs
Those were the days, How I loved courser, the kind of courses it offered. Learning for the fun of it, learning for joy - Dino 101, Do trees have feelings?, Social Psycology, Buddhisim and modern Psycology, Morality of everyday life!Design ! Art history course!
Oh What fun!  I loved the community aspect of it, The course was offered kind of live, once - together for everyone , so 200,000 or so of us, did it at once, Were in the forums at once, Stimulating discussions, and evaluating each others assignments !
I am now doing a coursera course out of necessity,  It stings me , Its like the difference between calligraphy and typing :D 
This course is offered everyday I can join any day and start and It is useful for my job and assignments are evaluated by robots online :) There are discussion forums dry and barren ones , with last message being - Unable to submit assignment, with a reply 2 months ago .  
and this is not free
The days of fun free moochs which were awesome but which you probably wouldnt pay for is over?

No comments:

Post a Comment