Pages

18 February 2009

Black White or Grey?

I always had this friend of mine telling me  "World is not black and white, its all shades of grey!" "you always see things in black and white" . That was some years ago.  
I got thinking today morning, with all these extra years behind me - Do I agree? Do I see grey in things now? First answer was - Yes... I may have been too judgmental before, now I leave a lot more margin, when I "judge". ( not exactly the right word is it? Its making me uncomfy! I don't judge!!!! no! not me!! :-P! :D ) 

Then it was - "Right!"  "Wrong!" " how could they possibly!" "how can anyone be like that!"  "THIS IS THE WAY!"
Now its - "Oh.. Ok..."  "Great!"  "Thats sad!!"  "There are more ways to be right... not just one... " "God knows what's going on in their life for them to behave like that, how can I possibly know!" "B@#$@#$!! but oh well..." "To each, his own !" 

So.. I believe in grey now?? Hmmmmm...
 I realize..  Black and White or Even grey, are but ways used by us,to interpret life!!! no?
 Life as such is not black white grey!!! or anything!!!! You learn; u figure out ways to categoriese things, behaviours, based on your experience  u device an approach - Black and white! grey! something in between [yellow! red! sea green! Mera wala blue! Fushia!!? :D :-P]  Grey is just another approach just like black and white. depending on you, one of them fits. right?
I like this classic example of perception - This picture can either be interpretted as an young lady or an old woman. so when u have seen both, what do u think is actually the picture?... 
The picture is just black in spots on white paper( Grrr.. .background) ( or may be white blot on black paper? :-P ) Its neither a old lady or young woman! right?

Just like that... things are but interpretations..... thigns are neighter black and white nor are they  grey. things are just things and we - we need these BW G to interpret them.[And I know ppl, who will call this statement grey!! Grrr]
cant we just let go and just be??? 
Thats what I am trying! :) To just be!  
 Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment