Pages

5 February 2009

More to DNA than meets the eye?

Did u read in times of india today?
Mothers learnings - what ever she learnt even before the child was concieved are passed on to the child!! Before it is born even. That too in mice! 


I have always thought this to be the case, was nice to see it confirmed. I feel  I have many beliefs which couldn’t have been formed by my experiences with life, but tally very well with my grannys. They are there from childhood and my mother never talked about these thigns to be till I was much much older!

I wonder if this is passed on in the womb or as extra information on the DNA.
They should do the experiment with sarogate mothers. How much in the womb and how much though genes will be confirmed! 
Offcourse lot happens in womb, but I have a hunch , information is passed on from father to the child also, even if the father is away... I think DNA has more to it than what we know.
like how children have same strange quirks as their parents, 

I have always disliked small babies, I was very uncomfortable since early childhood about domesticity, Never played mother in  house - house. I was always the market man, or even the house pet at times. But never the father - mother. never carried a baby... Any talk of having children brings about violent reactions in me..
I am 31 , been married for 6 years, I have a lot of love in my heart for my 3 cute pets, but he thought of a child... I shudder. Kind of in-explicable. I had a dream childhood, May parents were very caring. The relationship between my parents is ideal, never fought in front of us... Then why this aversion to having a child? I had an aversion to marriage too..
I think it goes back to my grandmother, She had Eleven children.  she suffered a lot during these many many child-births , has lost  4 of the children, had many complications . 
I always percieved her as a intelligent thinking woman who has opinions on things. I feel her husband treated her like any other wife of the day, Dismissed her intelligence. and she missed the necessary companionship may be that caused resentment in her?  
This is reflected in my Aunt as well, who had a thought process similar tome? my mother too was not too keen on having children I suppose but not as "not keen" as me. but then my aunt and mother were direct witness and their resentment makes sense.
But by the time i was born, the waters were calm. Loving chubby granny and a strict slightly eccentric grandpa were all I saw.  My aunt passed away before I was one... Then why these feelings in me???  What caused them??
 Field day for therapists i must say!!! Not only fix your issues but ur grandmothers as well? :) :) :) 

 May be somethings do get written into the DNA in every individuals life and that gets passed on.  so Evolution per se does not happen only by mutations but also by the learnings of each individual? and this probably has not been proved yet?
I read in an article that scientists were able to code few bytes of data into DNA. The occultists believe that all the knowledge, all the memory of entire human civilization is accessible to all of us. They believe this may be encoded on the DNA.. may be? :-)

Will research and repost.

2 comments:

  1. I am always a little skeptical about these science experiments. Most of them are really statistical data mining to fit the desired results. But in this case, there seems to be some interesting stuff. But the caveat is that this was done on mice, extending it to humans based on a few selective experiences may be too big a leap of faith.

    ReplyDelete