Pages

21 July 2011

refusing help from others

It is equally important to take help as well as to help others. we are brought up to believe ( my parents firmly believed) that we should not accept help from others as far as possible. they really emphasized independence and self reliance.  That has stood me in a good steed. but upto an extent...
When people refuse to take help from me ( guess who! :-D  ) I realise how important it is to let people who love you and whom you love to help. That makes them more free to ask you for help. Not that I approve of getting all needy or of using/misusing helpful people... but its ok  sometimes to ask,even when u dont need-need help.
No one feels comfortable asking for help from an independent person. They dont have the face to ask u because u have never asked them for anything. Actualy it really makes people feel very bad about the whole situation when u want o help but always refuse help... May also come across as Ego.. (yeah Ego, independence is good but not asking help because of ego is really bad)
Actually I m sometimes guilty of this, but when I m on other side - some of them come across as proud and independent(Like!) but some condescending, like they have a superior air about themselves( Hate!)...  If I look back this has left a bad taste in me and I have avoided such people...

Its important to understand that refusing to be helped is as bad as refusing help. Its the same as refusing help- next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment