Pages

11 May 2012

associative anger

Observing myself - I notice anger and irritation towards astrology, gold, sarees, vegetarianism. Unfair. Anger, fair or unfair is not necessary for me at this stage in my life.. but easier to get rid of unfair anger I hope.
Its  misdirected anger.
I dont actually hate astrology. I personally know that moon phases affect us, may not be our fate but our moods. I know full moon makes most people restless, brings up pains, body aches, migranes..
so astrology - no hate.. planets can affect us. but  I hate the way people use it or rather misuse it. I hate it that people run to astrologer to ask for solutions and they follow what the astrologer asks them to do with out understanding why or what of it. I like people using intelligence and thinking.I hate the blind following..
I shouldnt hate gold, its a poor blameless metal, what i really hate is the peoples greed and need for it. I hate the way women, especially, place so much importance on it, that makes them so superficial and silly.
I shouldnt hate sarees its a sexy dress after all.
I hate the way people seem to dietyfy sarees, its apparently divine dress- most decent and such crap. sorry, blind people!! It looks ugly on women who put out their tummies on display, It looks ugly on clumsy women who wear it 4 inches off the ground at the back, It looks great on Sushimata sen Priyanka cropra and Sonai gandhi :-) only :-P( and Offcourse on all those women who read this blog( u are all beautiful!) :P and Also on all those men's wives/girlfriends/partners who read this blog :P)
Also I hate the fact that Indians stick on to old traditions blindly like a saree which was probably invented before we learnt to stitch but once we learnt to stitch some 4000 years ago we should have moved on. no?It not sarees fault that people didnt move on to more efficient dresses no? so  I shouldnt hate the blameless saree.
Vegetarianism - similarly long and short of it, if Bramhins are vegetarian and they discriminated and put down other people for thousands of years, It makes those people bad, it does not make being vegetarian bad.
If kids who were vegetarian were sissy, it does not make vegetarianism bad, It was probably their over protective parents. Its a childhood belief which I should let go? Dont I have friends now who are vegetarian and not sissy?I also actually dont hate western vegeterian people do I?
 After venting about vegetarians on my blog, my whole attitude changed! surprisingly! I think I realised I hated because of us and them syndrome and let that go... There is a Jain guy who is a very staunch veggie...When someone taunted him I heard myself saying poor thing, let atleast some people in this world be noble and I actually meant it :) proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment