Pages

20 July 2016

Connie Wills/BellWeather/How do I know its not fiction

Ok ok I said I was not bloggign because I didnt have a laptop any more, Well now I have one. And still not blogging.  Excuse exposed I suppose.  :-)
Well so I decided to write something as and when I was in a high about something. If you ask me one thing I love about myself, at this point in time I would say I read! I am loving it.
I am loving this book by Connie Wills. BellWeather.
I love Connie Wills, Now that I think about it,  3rd female author I have been in love with. Are they writers or scientists? I love authors who make me feel like this. Ursula Leguin now Connie Wills. Diana Whyne Jones  I have been in love for a long time, She has been generous with her writing. I am afraid I may finish off even that. No, she is not Sciency but she is Witchy not in a witch may, but in a good witch way like Jessa is. Jessa is another author I am friends with on facebook, she believes in woo-woo. I know woo-woo doesont describe it any better than witchy. Magic-y? new Age( argh! now That is a fad )  anyway that kind.
Yeah Sciency/Witchy women authors Rock( as A would say)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Willis This is Connie. She is sciency and has a sense of humour to boot, sarcastic one. Love :-D

Ok back to BellWeather - bellweather kind of means trend setter . It means the lead Ram( male sheep,  which leads the folk. Tho in the book BellWeahter was a girl sheep). This book is about fads. Oh fads fads fads, its about a scientist who is studying fads. Sociologist., I love anthropologiss and sociologists. Anyway she is talking about fads and Ouch! Ouch ! Ouch! How this hits home, Sometimes I wince because I am following fads ( especially these days related to fittness) Othertimes I agree with her How I loath fads and fadders - barbie and pink and hair ironing etc. and yet another is things I really like and do and like and had been doing for a long time become a fad Meditation/yoga/trekking. I hate the feeling. Hopefully I will still be there when the fad passes, Hope I dont care enough about this to not stop things just because they are faddy?

hmmm, Its fiction and super funny - That brings me to another thing. I know "KNOW" that the things mentioned in this book are real. Like when she talks about Einsten having measels or about discovery of benzen ring. I used to watch Elementary - series about Shelock Homes ( yet another! I know!) I also believed the facts(?!) which were mentioned in the series, I found myself quoting out of Series. Dead Clade Walking to be precise. Then I realised, I hadnt googled it or found out much about it, How did I decide that it was a fact and not part of fiction, When Starwars talks about Science I dont believe it, I dont believe it when X files people talk about stuff Why did I believe this? I googled and it was indeed a fact, I googled many Geeky things shown on that show and all were true. My instinct was correct, but I have no idea how I had decided that. It is a bit scary, what if I had got it wrong :D I would be like those people who believed about Mars attacks being real when a play was broadcast on Radio :D

Big Bang theory also always mentions facts, but I discounted them, When Rajs dog is sick by eating chocolates I didnt believe that chocolates were harmful for dogs. In fact they are, Big bang theory is accurate about most things it tells apparently.  Still.. I dont automatically file it as fact, actually I dont even google and verify I just laugh and forget. Except when they talk science, like Srojengers cat for example :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment