Pages

11 July 2016

ideas of beauty = I am rich

What is beautiful? What ever pleases our eye. What pleases our eye? we can easily be trained to find one a particular type of thing pleasing. It is not hardcoded, It is programmed by our conditioning and day to day life.

What we consider as beautiful in a woman? Definitely not grimy hands with mud stuck in the nails! LOL! Gardening did that to me, I hate gloves, so I did a bit of digging and mud, black mud stuck to my hands like glue, I think I am getting old and mud gets lodged in the wrinkles :P
I thought about all the long nailed soft clean hands on women and think, these guys! ( or girls) how do they garden? wearing gloves obviously, they must go into lot of trouble and take lot of care to keep the hands like that.
Why did long nails become beautiful? ( Why is being beautiful always kind of inconvenient? ever thought of that? I have! Always ! :P)  Was it because in the old days it was used to show people that, Hey I am rich. I don't do any house work! You want proof? Look at my hands! Hah!
Women did real work in those days and you couldn't fake beautiful hands even while doing all the dirty work, like pulling rope to get water out of wells and chakki peecing. So it was proof enough.

Tied up feet of chinese women showed that their father/husband/who ever was so rich that she could survive without even walking! God!
Along with long  painted nails, there are other symbols of beauty which are just symbols of weakness really like - soft hands, untanned skin( pale skin) , delicateness and daintiness, no scars, high heels...All showing I can't work so I must be rich.
For that matter, bling like gold, diamonds etc jewellery which "enhances" a womans beauty..... Ha ha! It enhances your beauty my declaring to the world that you are rich! :D
It is not secret at all, it is hardly about beauty at all is it ? It has always been about Wealth??

Now like peacock feathers, we are concentrating on the symbols and not on the meaning, long nails no longer means you are not required to do any house hold work but still stands as something desirable/beautiful. Even tho even today rich have found new ways to show off their exclusiveness expensive cars/branded labels etc


No comments:

Post a Comment