Pages

15 April 2019

About doubting brain

2013/2014 may be - thats when I tried Lumosity ( some brain games website )  to improve my brain, I am such a self development junkie. Now I can say it probably just taught new tricks, it didn't improve my brain as such.
Haha! Look what google found,  they were fraud. So my cynical instincts below seem to be right after all :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35241778

    *  *  *
We have a cynical part in us and we need to accept it,
we also need to keep it in touch with it before it makes us too gullible.
When I do Lumosity, this part keeps asking me, is this actually developing ur brain or are u just learning new tricks? what u learn here? is it actually carried on to life or not?

First of all, I get irritated with this doubtful voice. I feel it is keeping me behind in so many aspects of my life I want to kick it :)
Its like annoying horrible person who keeps on doubting everything.

I trust life, it brings me things which I need at the right time. It may not be apparent at that point of time but later on it becomes apparent.
and when I have decided on something I hate to give explanations and this voice is forcing me to, I want to kick it even more.
Yes, its upto me to bring it into my life or not, u can just learn to play better games and not improve
but everything has an effect on other parts of life, everything u do with ur brain.
Like S and M had kannada first language in high school and that makes a huge difference to how they understand Bendre's songs, for me its foreign language even tho I know spoken kannada so well. I don't think people realise how things richen their lives when they do it. Like learning calligraphy helped Steve Jobs make sexy computer :)
So playing games does affect me, and how much depends on me too.
I m trying to use the different modes of consciousness for solving the problems, sometimes I am able to do things better than other times.. I just think I m focusing better. I m not sure it is left right brain etc.. need to learn more to recognise and get into the proper state for proper task.
Being cynical does not have any benefits, being inquisitive has.

The main thing is trust in ourselves. I trust myself to know that this is good for me and I do it. I don't care about statistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment