Pages

17 September 2019

metoo?

Everyone is saying me too, because its too easy. Especially when everyone else has already said it.
Saying Me!!!  is the thing, It is the hardest! The first few  me toos take courage! after that - ya ya you too- thats what you are...  Meeh tooo
Image result for sheep says meh

Edit: It would be nice(?! not "nice"! LOL!  more impactful may be ) if I had left it at this.. but ! Oh man (feminist!? :-D or .. ) rant after a long time
Its not just this, Its anger about  everyone who stands behind other waiting for them to do the right thing, everyone who plays it safe. Especially women! Who play tactical, who "manage" things, who carry on wanting to be seen "good women" who dont cause any "trouble".
This anger is about all those women and girls who stood behind my back and didnt even say me too - When I stood up to things, be it sexism or anything else, those silly girls who giggled when a boy lifted their skirts and giggled when I slapped him and then ran to tell about it.
About all those who make me question myself wondering if I should just let it be too?
About all those kids who hid behind my back when I stole Vaada from the kitchen, who ate it but didnt have the spine to stand up when we were caught. Why were most of these kids girls?

Yes It took a lot of courage for many to say me too but why didnt u say me??? Is this why ppl say things like dont u have balls? Does it really count? Do I have them  ;-) invisible as they may be?

Edit again: As it inevitably happens understanding happened ( or the desire to not look like a jerk to the world happened? ;-) )   I realised that just like I lack some skills which others posses like being nice may be, or connecting with people, or understanding other peoples emotions - Other may people lack skills like standing up and being brave. So we are even! ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment