Pages

27 September 2023

This does not make you better than them

When there is discrimination - like by gender,  against dark skin people or against some northern ascents in UK, or preferential treatment is given to private school kids etc, people react in different ways - I like to fight the discrimination. I like to call out the discrimination, question the discrimination, ask them why, Punish them even for discrimination. I do this even when I m being benefited by discrimination. 

Some others - they adapt, they change themselves, they lighten their skin, they will change their ascent, their clothes, send kids to private schools, change names to western ones. Will not fight it but do something so they dont get discriminated. If I can get better salary, more interview calls, better rates on my goods if I call my self Dee instead of Deena Prasad , If I can promotions by straightening my hair and wearing lipstick, Why not?

If the system is unfair - one group wants to make the system fair
the other group - majority wants to make sure they get the better part of the bargain.

I am proud that I m the type that wants to make the system fair but does that make me better than them?

Am I not atleast slightly better than them? ;-) 
or may be - We are just different types of people with different strategies to life? 

Just like blue and red, one is not better than the other


No comments:

Post a Comment