Pages

8 August 2009

food

How much food do u actually need to survive? Sometimes I wonder if anything at all we believe in is true. I learnt that I need like quarter of the food I eat normally,not just survive but to be much much healthy and energetic. JNI Diet was 6 glasses of juices , 4 bowls of soup and after this u need very little else - 2 chapatis for the afternoon and papaya and watermelon at night. First 2 days u fall sick get a headache feel cravings and then u get used to it. and feel much more active than before.
I tried ramzan last year, no water and food from dawn to dusk. It was not as hard as it seems. It was not the hunger that was most difficult to deal with, but the habit. the routine. Coffee time, Lunch time, I was so restless, confused about what to do.
I realise food means so much more to me, much more than fillign stomach and satisfying hunger. its not just about taste buds either . It provides comfort, feeling of safely? especially our staple food. we are so much emotionally in touch with food, many of emotional needs are met with food. Curd rice makes you feel at home? feeling lonely - how about a big bar of dark chocolate. and bhajji with rain? u want to be hungry for that?. Curd rice or moolangi dal is not the tastiest stuff I ve eaten. but if I go for 15 days without south indian food start feeling cranky. childhood food does it connect u with ur mum?!? thats why no chapati but rice for me?
They say there is a built in mechanism in our body which prompts us to stock up on fat and carbs, especially true for Indians as our ancestors went through lot of drought and rough weather. my ancestors seem to have been particularly badly hit :P
All this I think this is true only for foodies tho, skinny ppl are skinny cause they are not emotionally connected to the food eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment