Pages

21 August 2009

Sight

Today I noticed that If I focus on somethin outside the window and shake my head ( if you are wondering why I did something like this, I was looking out of the window and walking on the treadmill) the view outside seems to shakes with my head , the window grill remains still. Even if I foucs on the window grill or on anything this side of the grill, it doesnot seem to shake with my movement. but the view outside still does!!!
tried it one step further, what I see inside the mirror shakes!!!
is it the glass that is making it shake? refraction or whatever!?!!?!?! I dono the science behind this one. Anyone help?
Is this same as the view when u go by train, the trees and the fields run paast u in oppostie direction but the moon and sun, they travel with u in the same direction?? In this case there is some logic, the speed with which the view moves in the opposite direction is proportional to its closeness to the train. closest stuff moves away fastet, fields and hills seem to ravel with you for some time and then slowly fall behind and the moon..u know it.

1 comment:

  1. guessing - not glass/refraction or such.. it is the proximity and the "frame of reference".. it doesnt shake.. because it is "frame of reference".. so every thing that changes angles with it seems to shake.. our mind seems to take instinctively, planes with lines as frame of reference.. it doesnt have to be window grill/mirror.. I think in their absence.. any close enough boject with straight edges serve the purpose..

    trees and fields running in opposite direction is more of angular displacement.. farther the objects are - the less angular displacement.. so closeby trees are faster.. fields slow and moon still..

    ReplyDelete