Pages

5 May 2013

Womens day

Womens  day- happy womens day :-)
Womens day is originally International womens day - I realised I didnt dare wish people happy working womens day! There are many non working women/mums who would be offended!?
Womens days - is all about cards and candy and flowers. I hate it. enforcing stereo types like pink?
Womens day started off because women wanted voting rights!! everything gets flossy and trivialised - candy cards and flowers...
Why am I feeling that these are meaningless?
I dont like conventions?
why are they irritating me?
flower, candy and cards
thats what they give to women
on mothers day
on womens day
and valentinies day
Whats the use of these silly stupid things??
getting 10 cards in an year?? do they really make u happy?
women? why do u expect these things???
and gifts?
isnt it silly? and stupid?

women fought for rights
to vote, to study
there are countries now where they cant even drive
even in countries they have all the freedom
do they really?
They are tied down by invisible bonds
bound entirely by themselves
they bind themselves in high heals and lipstick
and straight silky hair
in ideal weight
in looking for an ideal partner
they are not free at all, are they?
they can vote and drive and study
can  they study?
but women are not good at maths and computing?
it not cool or its not feminine?
for that matter are men free?
ask Billy who wanted to dance ballet!
I m saying "they"? am I free?

anyway Happy Womens day or whatever!
nobody gave me flowers! booooo :P

No comments:

Post a Comment