Pages

26 May 2011

how I became mystic babe :P

I used to have exactly the same opinion as Stephen Hawking that people are like computers, or rather like robots( where the user is part of the machine itself). "There is no heaven for broken down computers!"  I actually like that statement. I remember exact same argument with my cousin N, and he'd said  emotionally in frustration AHHH! people like u :) he said read Autobiography of a Yogi and Id laughed.
My opinion about all this changed soon tho.
I started meditating as means to strengthen my mind, calm my mind etc without any spiritual aspirations. I still had a skeptical attitude. ( heart of hearts I think I ve always wanted Magic tho, Druva was major childhood inspiration.  power cut time  = tapas :D, was always disappointed when power turned up before  Shiva :-). yeah yeah Druva meditated on Vishnu, but Om namah Shivaya is the easiest thing to say okay! ) 
Ok..meditation..  I started seeing purple spots in front of my eyes and some automatic body movements. I started goggling about it, chanced upon Prana, Chakras and Aura related stuff...  downloaded guided meditations and   browsed some Buddhist sites..Started reading philosophy( but Bla there is nothing but word play and mind tricks in that... There is wisdom but thats for people who like to munch on words...  ) . I didnt feel that way about philosophy then, I genuinely read a few books with good intentions. Till now it was all Buddhism, philosophy. Awareness, concentrate on breathing , notice ur thoughts... ashte. nothing practical , only mind stuff. some people would say I was still normal :D 
Then, I went to Pranic healer. ( Reiki and Pranic healing always been in my TODO list anyway. so u could say I was never all out skeptic after all. ) I could feel tingling in my hands when she did healing, from far away..  I was convinced that what ever it is, we are not limited to just 3 dimensions. otherwise there is no way what the healer did from 10 feet away could affect me. Also pranic healing felt like yummy comfy massage. "If only I could do this to myself :-P no need of paying this lady also." so I went and learnt pranic healing.  
  I did the Basic healing course. I didn't want to pay for advanced course :P ( I come across as conjuse makhichoose :P but really, I used to feel that for such spritual things people should not charge and all ) and I was some how still skeptical!  I wanted to find out how exactly all that worked. I mean.. what is that they show as prana? the white globules! is it optical illusion? how come my partner who was practicing with me got neck pain when she tried to heal me, even tho I didnt tell her that I had neck pain? I really wanted to know more about the Aura and chakras. It was all super cool!  yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember! Master Choa has listed all kinds of books in his bibilography - yeah thats exactly where I started reading about occult. collected all the books and still havent read many!  Those now! they were so cool :)   Seven Rays, Raja yoga by Vivekananda.., many more.
This lead to download of torrents, From there I was lead to Robert Monroe, Robert bruce... Healing.. Ayahuasca.. :D reading about Astral Travel, Energy bodies, Out of body Exp etc etc...and was recomended books like Louise Hay, Ekhart ...What really compleminted this was Selfish Gene and Phantoms in the brain. Phantoms in the brain made me feel like, our brain has so much functionality and complexity which the conscious part of the brain is not aware of.. it fits in very well with the mystic stuff. the Idea of Energy body and body map which is present in the head..which causes pain in the phantom limb etc,etc they all fit in beautifully.  Selfish Gene answered a lot of questions...Richard Dawkins is an Atheist but he convinced me there is more to us. 
Then Healing Chitu - only then I was convinced about Healing. Did  Advanced and all the rest of the pranic healing classes, which are really advanced! ( not able to practice tho :( ) I think that's that.

I feel when you are ready to understand, things happen - u find books, you meet people, you remember something, something clicks  and suddenly before you know it you ideas about the world would have changed for good. If we do that prematurely, It will not enter our heads. ( happened to me many times, couldnt proceed through a book after a few pages and then i just pick it up after a few years/months and its smooth sailing to the end...) We have to be ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment