Pages

19 August 2011

rewind - re-play?

I wonder if we can use our brain as a review buffer.( for the uninitialised :-P (anyone out of STB domain) Its a feature where u can rewind ur TV program anytime and watch what u just missed. Just like that.)
During training I am listening to the instructor.. for a few moments my attention wanders, some thoughts come in. I come back to the training and Ive missed a few sentences...
My ear has heard the sentences, my eyes have seen, It has gone into the brain portions which process this as well.. and as the processing of this data is not conscious that also is done .Its probably recorded in short term memory?( not sure of this) but the light of our dear old consciousness hasnt shined on that sound and vision. Can I rewind that particular statement like we do on PVR box and rehear it? can I program myself to do it? That would require a tiny portion of my consciousness to be always recording and mainting a few minutes of data.. We probably do it anyway (case studies of brain damaged people and schizophrenic people show they use lot of unconsciously recorded data...).. but  memory  accessible to conscious mind is only that when we actually paid attention  (Damn!). Can we always pay a little attention even when we drift away? and implement review bufffer in our head? Or can we find a way to access even that memory when we din pay attention?!

No comments:

Post a Comment