Pages

12 December 2014

Is it helping

What is the use of it
what benefit are u getting
Is it helping
Grrrr Really irritating! Ok not spiritual, this  getting irritated. I know but I not there yet ok?
When ever I do something - like Yoga or meditation or something fun
People ask me such questions, especially with meditation. did it help? with what?
Why should we do everything with this kind of attitude? It really annoys me because I am trying to get away from it and when people ask, that plants a worm in my head and I start thinking did it help? what is the use of this and then something that was so fun and wonderful becomes a chore. It rots and dies ;-) (Dramatics :P just because :P )
Cant we do something just because? Why? Just because.
people even sometimes say , if it doesnot "help" .... isnt it a waste of time! :-S 
coursera course.. just for fun, psychology - yeah just for fun ,why not? When u can drink - just for fun? and meet people - just for fun?
I went to a dance class - Is it good? Yeah it was great fun... then the other questions . Did u lose weight? Are u thinner? how many calories does it burn? :-(
no no no dont think like that... when walking to the station dont think its so far how much time it will take. just concentrate on this step and then this one and then this one...
No external motivators, internal ones.. no need or progress bars, no need of carrots - all those steal away from us the joy of being. just be!

ps: This exercise thing -  I am enjoying doing yoga, makes me feel wonderful, endorphins and being able to do head stand and all.. cool! but the moment I weight myself - All this falls apart. what all I did becomes "waste". Didnt I enjoy it? yes, hasn't it made me healthy, stronger, stretchier - Yeah, but No matter - Its all waste!!! because you didnt meat the objective. This goal setting and progress measuring is soul sapping, Our new culture based exclusive on this is the one that is WASTE! It takes away everything  and leaves me with an emtpy score - Pass/Fail. Even the happiness of pass is short lived and insecure :-( I hate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment