Pages

26 December 2023

08/10/2015 21:41 Okay.. So what is happiness Spiritual vs Material


One part of the philosophy or spirituality tells me that everything is within me.. I m feeling sad. I m feeling happy, the feeling is created by my brain and not by the thing or the incident which I think is causing the feeling.
Example.. I hear my friend say, DG is Shit! I feel betrayed and hurt and sad and awful. 
But then I talk to my friend and I realise my friend was saying DG is shit at lying! :-D I feel happy now, thinking of-course I am truthful person etc I swell with pride.. 
Now out of my ear sight, my friend tells my other friend that she in fact said DG is shit. I m still happy as I didn't hear it. 
See the statement didn't create the feeling in me. It was me - who reacted to the statement. same with objects and people. Its us who create this feeling.( this is a story by Antony Demello)  

Its true. Its very hard to see tho in day to day life...we are used to blaming things outside for the reactions, we are used to not taking responsibility for my feelings.

Snoring.. its so irritating.. why? I realised it was empathy response.. if someone snores like they are choking.. if get feelings in our head which make me feel like I m choking and it feels horrible and I feel the pain and I don't like it and I want to make it stop.

okay thats that.

There was a motivational speaker yesterday..
What makes him tick? Motivation and satisfaction,
Motivations is what starts me off with my job and satisfaction is what I get at the end of it.
Sense of uniqueness, being the best in the field, the sense of achieving something.. money..respect..etc etc All the things which spirituality tells me to get ahead off
Spirituality tells me happiness should be unconditional..
Some branches of spirituality tells me.. u trace any goal to its last node and u come up with.. I want happiness, so why not chase the last goal instead of the first..
That is all true.. but  we need to understand the nature of these conditions better. These conditional happiness have developed as part of evolution.

How to do instruct a robot.. 
You give it if then else statements..
But then it becomes very specific, it wont be able to deal with unexpected cases in the field ..
U make it learn.. if (carrot) do .. if(stick) stay away...
So u make it run using carrot and stick approach.. u award it for a bunch of tasks which ultimately align with ur goal u punish for deviations.. Using this u keep the robot in line and give it a sort of free will.. 
It can of course realise that it does not like carrots and it does not care if it is beaten and it can carry on.

If u want to enlighten urself u need to see thru ur carrots and sticks.. its not always easy.. everything is a goal to happiness.. but our brain I find has made categories.. I think this carrot is evolved via evolution and via upbringing by our society... some carrots are evolutionary.. and we get a sense of overall peace and happiness when all the boxes are ticked

But this is temporary - all happiness is temporary by design, if you were always content why would you survive and reproduce? 



No comments:

Post a Comment