Pages

26 December 2023

Warriors

What happens when a revolution is over? 
Mutiny revolution military take over etc, Sometimes a country raises an army, it may be to fight a neighbouring country which has suddenly gone rouge and attacking you, Or it may be a civil war - Govt is corrupt and horrible and citizens form an army and topple the govt, or a Dictator raises an army to take over a govt etc. Whatever the reason may be, What happens when the conflict is over? I find that the army which fought for so long finds it very hard to stop fighting, I find that is most such cases the military  takes over the country, The reason for the existence of the military may be over but it keeps finding reasons to stay alive,  See Taliban for example or Pakistan army which is still creating imaginary enemies and fighting India. It keeps going with its momentum. It is almost as if it is an onanism with a survival instinct.

I found a similar parallel in our own defence mechanisms. We develop some strategies and thought patterns to deal with our situation in life. Like It may be a kid developing aggression against abusive father etc, In my case , I have developed strong response against sexism, Feminism is my defence against gender discrimination.  When I was a kid gender discrimination was very rampant, I had to fight for my rights at every turn in my life. I had to call it out, I had to lash out, I had to protest . These warriors , my army of strategies have served me really well and they have helped me navigate life and create fair opportunities for myself, I m very proud of them . 

Just like the army whose purpose is over - my army also continues to fight at times. I find that the world has finally changed after 20/30 years. There is no longer such rampant discrimination, especially against me. But still my army fights sometimes. I find that my reactions are all too emotional, all too strong and sometimes uncalled for when something triggers me. Where as a comic comment or a simple telling off would do, my army goes for a full on attack :-) 
Calm down my dear friend, we the army can retire and enjoy life now, We can put down our arms,  our fight seems to be over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment