Pages

6 March 2016

Stay at home mums

Just shake things a bit

How would I feel about stay at home mum?
I didnt think much about stay at home mum before, but now I have respect. ( for some :-P),especially those that had a great career going - Courageous women who got their priorities right. Its really cruel on themselves to carry on working and take care of the kid and stress themselves with guilt and frustration. I think society should be more supportive of mums....( Of only one or two! please not 11!  )
if kids are younger then I m ok, what if the kids are older and dont need care?
How would I feel about stay at home wife? ( no kids)
Stay at home husband ( no kids but takes care of wife...)
How would I feel if both parents have lot of money and they both decided to stay at home and look after kids? Its their choice.
How about both parents dont have money but they stay at home and look after kids and take state benefit? Dont like it. Burden on society, shouldnt have kids in the first place
Stay at home girl - Daughter? dont like it. Burden. What if dad has lots and lots of  money?
Stay at home son?( most people dont like this, they think he is useless burden on his parents :D but they wont think that about the daughter)
what if she had to stay home to look after sick patents? I feel  Pity n respect
 what if it was a son who did that?  most people will feel pity or think he is stupid and ask him to get married so his wife can look after parents and he can work.
-how would I feel if a girl told me she wants to be a mother and wife? and nothing else? I would be  Livid. Most people accept this as freedom of the girl to do what she wants
 How about Stay at home boy - if your son wants to be a dad and husband and nothing else. Would be laughed at and not accepted as an option at all my most people.


why is being only a mother and wife not enough? It leads to social evils, Atleast so far in history it has lead to a weaker and more vulnerable position for the woman who is at the mercy at others. It goes against my basic value - Independence.  If the woman has inherited a lot of money and is independent, then my feelings may change. Just like peoples feelings about unwed mothers has changed in the western society. It is no longer a taboo because state will look after an unwed mother and her child. So, that woman will no longer be burden on family hence no taboo :-) Its all economics like that ;-)
We may feel strongly this way or that based on our conditioning and experiences in life, there is no absolute right and wrong!

2 comments:

  1. Why is there so much variance of fonts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answer is in Italics, Question is normal font :)

    ReplyDelete