Pages

8 October 2015

ursula le guin

My god, Ursula leguin is clever! her stories are really mind blowing. Imaginative but so intelligent, many of the stories are written pondering social issues, almost scientific, she is more like a social scientist, or a anthropologist for her imaginary people. It is not fiction at all, it is science, it is more like a thesis or something.  The coherence of the worlds! impeccable! Even tho it is fantasy I feel like it is very likely to happen, like real. My mind is blown, her stories are hard hitting. Her imaginary worlds are sometimes disturbing. The one where men are treated as prized sires, so disturbing. (Ok I am not a feminist, I am a humanist, I dont want such suppression of any people, man woman,black, white! none! ) Heavy stuff But I love her!

ps: Infact her parents were actually antropologists, I think that influenced her deeply. She uses this knowledge to experiment with her feminist and left leaning ideologies. Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment